Friday, February 28, 2014

Trust me

      "Games are won at practice", at least that is what my coach always told my team. Every practice would end at the serving line, with the most frustrating drill of all, The Serving Game. The Serving Game is when all eleven girls, even the ones who do not serve in games, have to serve two times without the ball dropping. We tried so many different orders to get the it done faster, order did not really seem to matter. All we knew was we need people who can finish strong, with a level head, someone we could TRUST. It may not seem like a huge deal, but being be hide the line with the game on your hands is stressing. After twenty-one serves it was my turn to serve, if I made it over would could be done but if I did not we could be there for who knows how much longer. I never really stressed as much as my team, but I was honored to be able to have my whole team trust me. A trust I want to always have.

No comments:

Post a Comment